Here is what you can expect upon arrival at the Puerto Plata International Airport.
- After getting off the plane you will have to go through customs. Be sure you have your passport and forms ready to go. Entrance will cost you $10 per person.
- Just after you pass through Customs and Immigration you will pick up your luggage.
- Your transportation will be provided to you free of charge when you book through us.
- Next, head outside the terminal building and look for a transportation host for your arranged shuttle van transportation. They should hold up a name sign with my last name (Woodruff) and your family name on it.
- The shuttle will bring you to the resort in a short 30 minutes. Hold on, the lane lines in the road don’t seem to mean anything to the Dominican drivers. And watch out for the dad, mom, infant, and grandma riding on a single scooter while carrying household items or the weekly groceries. Yikes! (This is why we don’t recommend renting a car in the Dominican Republic.)
- You will be taken directly to your resort, please let the driver know that you need VIP check in.
- At the end of your vacation you will also be taken back to the airport for your trip back home at no charge. Two days prior to departure, use the house phone to call VIP services and give them your return flight info so they can make the arrangements for your return to the airport.
- Also during your vacation, you will have the use of the shuttle service provided at no cost to you throughout the resort and to Ocean World and Ocean World Casino. If you book any tours while at the resort transportation is also provided.